Loading...

Friday, August 22, 2008

Force Unleashed...almost

I downloaded the the Force Unleashed Demo from Xbox Live last night and just...wow. It was everything that I had psyched it up in my head to be and more. Force pushing people across the room and/or hurling TIE fighters at them, yes, you read that right throwing TIE fighters, has got to be one of the most satisfying things I've ever done in a video game. It's one of those situations where you can't help but grin a little after wiping out an entire hanger of baddies in one giant explosion. However, I think the best thing about the game is that they didn't make Force lightning too OP. It's not Jedi Academy where you just run around holding down the Force lightning button until everything is dead. That had its merits, but I think the greater focus on lightsaber combat, force push/throw, and a little bit of a fighting game style combo system, are gonna make the game far more interesting to play for a longer time. And you can't tell from the demo, but I hear the story is shaping up to be fairly good as well. September 16th can't come soon enough...

No comments: