Loading...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Eureka Seven

So, it's been awhile since I watched Eureka Seven, so please forgive any details I may be missing. The premise of the show is that a group of hippies with state-of-the-art mecha that can surf through the air are trying to stop the government from doing some heinous act that I can't remember. The way this show draws you in is with the surfing mecha and then makes you stick around for the love story that starts to unfold. And while it sounds stupid in text, the sky-surfing mecha thing goes with the overall mood and theme of the show very well. And when I say that it makes you stick around for the love story, I don't mean that in a bad way. Combat takes a back seat for the majority of the show anyway, so if that's all you're looking for, this probably isn't for you. However, the love story isn't the only thing going on and for a large part of the series, it's fairly subtle and the plot focuses on stopping the evil government. When I look back on the series though, that's what I remember it as, a love story amidst all the other ridiculousness going on, so it does take the spotlight in the end. I'd highly recommend it for anyone looking for something a little lighthearted.

No comments: